Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Too Busy to Cook


Well its been a while because of life....3 kids, soccer tournaments and work. This past weekend was somewhat challenging to cook. Grace had 4 games, Faith had 2 games and Chris and I were running around making sure they were fed and well rested to play. Saturday at 6:45am I headed out with Faith to her game in Leander TX. That is a 30-45 minute drive so up early and out the door, Starbucks run and off to the fields. Starbucks have these yummy sausage biscuits but of course I get the egg sausage, no cheese and forget the english muffin. That's as close to paleo as I can get.

These games are so fun to watch because the girls play their hearts out. Then we rush back to Grace's game at 11, starving and I have 3 girls with me.... We decide to stop in at Kerby Lane. Delish Kerby Lane has some wonderful options with eggs, veggies and more. The girls all opted for Pumpkin pancakes :)

After a quick chow down, we get to the Slaughter field to watch the Pink Roses win their first tournament game. 2nd game at 3:00 enough time for us to get home and have some lunch rest the girls and head back to the fields again. Another WIN for the Pink Roses. Now it is 4:30 and they are all famished. I have to go sign a contract so the girls and Chris head to Jack Allen's with another Pink Roses Family, the Cohen's! I head home change quickly, sign the contract and run to meet the family! With the farm to table approach at Jack Allen's I can eat almost anything just hold the potatoes :)

The girls just can't get enough of each other, they talk us in to coming back to the house for some more play time.... Why not, our friends and the girls friends head to the Bodman house. Here we sit out by the pool and enjoy the sound of water, kids jumping on the trampoline and of course some brewsky's and wine. It is Saturday Night!

Sunday up again for some more soccer games. 2 for Grace and 1 for Faith! Another win for Faith's team and Grace's team pulled off 2 more wins! The best part is that Chris has been coaching these girls since they started playing soccer. They adore him, he is the best coach and the Pink Roses WON the tournament! Congrats!

Finally a trip to the store will allow me to plan for the week of food. I have been wanting to make these lamb balls with zucchini for some time now so hopefully I can make them tomorrow night. Sunday was filled with left overs for the fam but I was so tired of eating out that I opted for my favorite PB&J Paleo style with some apples. Mix almond butter with blue berries and there you have it! Sadly, Faith and Hayley all came down with something so we spent the evening snuggled up on the couch getting caught up on our Xfactor shows.

My goal is to cook as much as I can this week but not sure how that will pan out with Chris' bday being today and of course I have to take him to a Mexican dinner! Then we leave Thursday night to head to Houston. I CANT WAIT to see my family! Trish is getting married on Saturday and I am so excited for her.

At least I managed to make some homemade tomato basil soup last night, what goes with that with a house full of sickies....Grilled Cheese, so not paleo but I did use coconut spread instead of butter :)

Tomato Basil Soup
5 tomatoes on the vine - cut into quarters and toss in S&P and olive oil, roasted in the over at 350 for 30 minutes
Meanwhile, cut one onion and 5 garlic cloves. Saute them in a large pot with 1 TBL of coconut oil
Mix in the roasted tomatoes, 3 cups of vegetable broth, 1/2 cup of chopped basil, S&P to taste. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
Upon completion place in a food processor to puree and serve!
This recipe comes from the Make it Paleo cook book! Enjoy!

Door bell just rang....Greenling farmer produce has arrived!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FAVORITE MAN! CHRIS, MY HUSBAND FOR 12 YEARS. I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment