Monday, November 21, 2011

Breakfast is fabulous

Just a quick post here today. I am still working on the kids for Paleo and it is a constant battle. I really need them to jump on board. So far, they love breakfast and the baking. I can't seem to get them stuck on Lunch or Dinner menus. They are kids and love their mac-n-cheese and past. I did order some Paleo Pasta and I hope it shows up soon. I need to make chicken tetrazinni as soon as it arrives, a family favorite!

Some great breakfast ideas for you guys:
Chop up some of your favorite veggies and saute them in coconut oil, toss in eggs to scramble and top with avocados, S&P and hot sauce. This is so easy and good for you. My favorite veggies to do this with are: spinach, onions, tomatoes, jalapenos, mushrooms and bell peppers.

Another morning favorite, I made today, fried eggs and sweet potato hash. cut up onions and sweet potatoes and saute them in coconut oil add in nitrate free sausage and about a TBL of water and cover with a lid. Simmer until the sweet potatoes are soft. Meanwhile fry your eggs is coconut oil and then serve~ This morning I was out of my nitrate free sausage so I tool the All Natural Jimmie Deans sausage and made mini sausage meatballs and mixed those in instead. Very Yummy!

My daughter's favorite these days are eggs cooked in coconut oil, sprinkle a little nutmeg on them and she will eat 4 if you let her!

See breakfast is super easy! Now I just have to work on the other. I too am having a hard time finding my favorite lunch staple. Lately I have been resorting to my Paleo PB&J, frozen blueberries with a scoop or 2 of almond butter and then apples on the side. After that morning Crossfit work out I need some protein. If I only had some tuna I would make a quick tuna salad. My favorite is to mix tune with lemon juice, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes and capers. Serve over a bed of iceberg lettuce.

Off to work, get kids and then dinner time~! Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment