Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Good Stuff!

Completed day 3 of my 4 day week Crossfit plan today! Feeling good! I tried a new recipe last night in honor of my amazing husband! Can I just say he is doing so great on paleo with me, I love it! In honor of his love for Mexican food.....I googled paleo enchiladas last night and came across a seafood enchilada on EveryDay Paleo.(apparently the site is down today) I opted for the seafood enchiladas and picked up some jumbo shrimp and lump crab. The key to this recipe is the sauce and it was good; however, I am going to play with it and make it my own. I am a fan of verde sauce versus ranchero!

So instead of seafood, I am going to go with the ground beef or steak add some spinach and make the sauce with tomatillos instead of tomatoes! It is really like a casserole since there are not tortillas. You can make coconut tortillas if you want out of coconut flour, egg whites and water. I have made them before and they are good.

Here is the enchilada recipe I have in mind:
2lbs Ground Beef or Grilled flank steak
Red Onions
Jalapenos
Garlic
(saute all the above - the beef in coconut oil, then add in the beef and brown)

Place the beef in a casserole dish
Chop up spinach for next layer
The smother with your sauce (recipe below)
Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes

Tomatillo sauce:
Boil 8-10 tomatillos
place tomatillos in the food processor and blend until smooth
Add in 1/2 cup of red onions
1TBL of garlic powder
1/2 cup of beef broth
1/4 cup of cilantro
1TBL of chilli powder
1TSP of Cumin
1/4 tsp of salt and pepper
Process all until smooth

Remember, I have not made this before; I just made up the recipe based off of what I liked and disliked about last nights dish. I will try it this weekend and let you know if it good :)

Part of the exercise regimen is eating right! Log your food peeps! Yesterday I logged my food with a shake in the morning, 2 egg&ham muffins for mid morning breakfast, apple for snack.....was running around all day in the car so I ended up eating a steves orginal paleo snack; beef jerky and some almonds as another 12:30 snack. Made it home by 1:45 and ate 2 more egg&ham muffins. Took kids to crossfit at 4:30, snacked on some more beef jerky and then home to make dinner! Enchiladas would have been great with a margarita.....GRRR after this challenge, I am having one!!!!

This morning I threw together, yet another Mexican food inspired breakfast:
Chorizo (all natural)
Onions
Jalapenos
Roma Tomoato
Eggs

Brown the chorizo, add in the veggies and then scramble in the eggs! Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment